Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Not Crap

Greetings Happy People,

I am amazed by some people. Simply amazed.

In this world you are always going to have those haters. The type that always sees things in a negative light. The type that always want to bring you down. The type that either don't know or don't care to know at all.

As I look at some of my files, paperwork, and different accomplishments throughout the years, there are still some people that would call this "crap."

I don't know about you, but going through six years of engineering studies and receiving a civil engineering degree is not crap.

Attending a private, Catholic high school for four years is not crap.

Achieving all the educational awards in an organization that promotes communication and leadership is not crap.

Receiving a good amount of recognition from this organization is not crap.

Publishing a book and receiving a royalty check from the sales is not crap.

There are also other good things in there that are not crap.

What makes these people consider this stuff crap? I have no idea. These are pretty good things to accomplish!! Most of them are not cupcake things!!

Are they jealous? Are they angry with what they think they cannot do? Are they unhappy with their lives to the point where they have to bring others down?

All that negativity is not helping them out at all. It is only going to bring them down even further.

As for me, what am I going to do if someone has the gall to call my accomplishments "crap?"

The first thing I will do is just keep going. I know that these words are minimal at best. It will give me more motivation to make moves and do more things that are not crap. Opportunities will open up and I will walk through those doors.

And when I walk through those doors, I will keep looking forward, moving forward, not look back at the negative things, and take pride in all the "crap" that I can do!!

Do you have a person that belittles your accomplishments? If you have someone that calls it crap, remember who they are, where they came from, and what they are standing on. Chances are it's their own crap.

Nevertheless, don't let one negativity affect your growth. They can throw all the crap on you, but you can still bloom through them like a rose.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog