Sunday, July 31, 2011

If You CAN Stand the Heat...

Greetings Happy People,

It's about time!!

The air conditioning system at my house is about to be fixed!! It has been a challenging summer. But through all of the nonsense and all of the mess going on for nearly 3 months, my air conditioning will finally, finally, FINALLY be fixed!! YAY!!

For the people that don't know where I live, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is located in the southwestern part of the United States, right smack in the Mojave Desert!! If you have never lived in Las Vegas during the summertime, all I can tell you is that is H-O-T!!! I have lived in this city since 1984 and experienced many summers before. There were temperatures that went up to 107, 109, 113, and 117 degrees Farenheit!!

These last three months at Casa de I-I-I have been a real challenge, but I came out of this victorious!!

How, you ask?

I have heard people say to stick on the warranty people and the company. That I did do. Despite the frustration of the air conditioning company, I kept going and never let go.

I have heard people tell me to be downright mean with them. That I did not do because I know that if I were to be mean and open fire at them, I will get the same karma in return. It maybe easy to get pissed off, but I decided that something will come to me as much as it will to them. Thanks to this awful service, I would not be surprised that this company will go out of business. Customer service is a two way street, Happy People. If you are bad to your customers, they will pass the word like wildfire. Once that happens, you can kiss your business goodbye.

From this experience, I also realize who I can actually trust in a situation like this. There were people that helped out the best way they could and there were others that talked the talked and have not took any steps to do anything. It gives me an understanding on who I can and cannot trust.

For nights, I have been sweating, taking cold showers, and drinking lots of water and cold beverages. As messed up as that sounds, I kept going. Everytime I go to bed and everytime I wake up, I find enough energy and strength inside of me to just keep going as I stood in this hot house. These days have shown not only my resilience, but also my toughness.

So many people faced adversities that are greater than this. It could be losing a job, a loved one, or their way of living. Everyday we have choices on how we can deal with it. Either we let this get the best of us, or find ways to just keep going and take steps to get things done. It may take a matter of days, months, or years, but no matter what type of heat you are going through in your lives, you do have the strength to overcome them.

There is an old saying that mentions if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I say that if you CAN stand the heat, you will become stronger once things cool down!!

I am living an example of this. When you face your hot moment, what will you do?

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog