Monday, July 12, 2010

The Power of a Good Compliment

Greetings Happy People,

When did you last receive a good compliment? Was it a couple days ago? Was it weeks ago? Was it long before that? Chances are that if you received a good compliment, it made you feel better than before. No matter if you received one, two, or twenty, good compliments go a long, long way.

I received plenty of good compliments this past weekend. Most of them were from a presentation I did at a District 33 Toastmasters Governor’s training in Selma, California. When I left that place, I really was not sure how good of a job I did until I started receiving messages from the Area and Division Governors that attended that training. It felt pretty good to receive those types of compliments.

As I was riding back to Vegas, a few fellow Toastmasters and I stopped at a restaurant in Barstow. We talked, had dinner, and discussed about the happenings at the training in Selma. As I was chewing on my hamburger, I heard another pretty good compliment from a fellow Toastmaster. How good was it? Well, it was good enough to make me say “WHOA!!” Apparently, this person made a compliment about not only the training, but also the incoming top three leaders of this District. Note: I am one of those top three leaders (District Lt. Governor of Marketing). He not only made a compliment about that, but also past contributions I have done as a Division Governor. That not only made me feel good, but it blew my mind in the same process.

Compliments like those can make a real impact in one’s life. It gives a bolt of energy to someone that allows them to be a success in whatever one does. No matter if it is big or small; compliments have a magnitude that is a thousand times greater than an insult. Being a person that received both, I prefer compliments over insults any day.

Take it from yours truly. If you receive a compliment, take the time to savor it. It shows appreciation. It shows a sense of respect and admiration. It shows more positive things that one can really imagine. It can really help you grow as you become a success in your own right.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog