Sunday, December 20, 2009

Light Through Darkness

Greetings Happy People,

Lately there has been plenty of talk. Most of it is full of gloom, despair, uncertainty, and fear. With all the things happening around us, it is easy to believe that we are going into a downward spiral. Whether it has something to do with the economy or something else, we are facing tough times today. The dark clouds are getting darker; the rough waters are getting rougher; and the uncertain future is becoming more uncertain. We can say that we are at our roughest hours.

This reminds me of what happened ten years ago. I graduated from college with a degree in Civil Engineering. After a six year battle, I was finally done with all of my studies. What made the final semester more challenging were the extra obstacles thrown in my direction. I had an internship with a boss who was a complete pain in the neck, I had a couple of term projects I had to do by myself, and I also lost someone who was near and dear to my heart - my grandmother.

It was quite ironic that the last day I had in college was the same day that the 100-year flood took place in the Las Vegas valley. Little did I know that when this storm ended, I still had another one to encounter. When I left school, I looked for different job opportunities in my field. Unfortunately, I went through lots of rejections. As time passed, my depression grew and I wondered if anyone would hire me. If you were to see me back then, I looked like a horrible mess – physically and mentally. I was literally at the end of my rope when I realized something. I realized I had two choices: let hopelessness drown me or just get out of it. Luckily, I chose the latter.

As my faith started to increase, I took more tests, I filed more resumes, and I went into different interviews. Thanks to those efforts, I manage to get hired by the place I currently work for. I never felt so happy and grateful when I got the phone call that day. My eyes were filled with tears when I hung up the phone. All it took was simple faith.

As many of us stand in this gloomy mist today, we have two choices on how to deal with it: stay in thoughts of despair or believe in thoughts of hope. If we learn anything throughout history, we learn that no matter what depths we are all in, we CAN get out of it. What we are in now is only temporary. We have the capability to not only stand up in the dark, but also turn the light on. We can all shine together in these times. All it takes are two simple things: believing and doing.

Without belief, we keep ourselves in this endless quandary. With belief, we have a chance to get out of it. If you have any belief of hope inside you, HOLD ON TO IT!! For it is that same hope that will take you out of the darkness and into something better.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog