Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wish Upon a Star

Greetings Happy People,

“When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you.” – Jiminy Cricket

Last night, I went on a nighttime stroll at a nearby park. During my walk, I looked at the sky and something hit me. I realized that the many times I looked at the star-filled sky and wished for something, it became real. No matter how long it took, IT BECAME REAL!!

To prove this, I will give you the following examples.

The first example involves the current relationship with my girlfriend. When I was lonely, I looked up to the sky and wish for a nice companion to spend time with. I imagined holding hands with someone in a light rain shower. I imagined feeling the warmth of a hug accompanied with soft kisses. I also imagine having a relationship where no outside influence can mess it up. I have been on many dates where that did happen. When the opportunity came seventeen months ago, I had the courage to take the first step and ask Dana out. What happened after that was seventeen months of happiness I would not trade for anything in the world.

The next example I have involves a three-year vision. I currently work for a government agency and I am also involved in Toastmasters. Within other government agencies, I noticed that they had different Toastmaster clubs. Time after time I asked myself why there wasn’t one in my workplace? One night, I looked in the star-filled sky, made a wish to have a club in my workplace, and made all type of efforts to make it happen. Throughout the journey, I had naysayers telling me that it would not work. I also had lack of cooperation from people that were flaky. But in the end, I finally got the club into the government agency I work for. It feels good to get something like this accomplished. Thanks to a simple wish, many people from this government agency benefited from this club. My only wish now is that more people in this agency take advantage of improving their speaking skills. With the way things are going, I would not be surprised if that happens in the future.

The final example I have was keeping in touch with people I have seen in a while. Again I looked up in the sky and not only wished for that, but also what some of them are doing right now. All I got to say is thank goodness for two things: Facebook and Third Thursday. Without them, I would not know if I would come in contact with a quarter of the people I am talking and writing to right now!! It is simply amazing!!

As I looked at the star-filled sky last night, I made more wishes. What were they? Was it something that involved my career? Was it something that will make me better off? Was it something that more people can benefit from? I will not tell you what they are. All I can do is keep wishing upon the same stars in the sky. Whatever I wished for will certainly come my way. When it comes, you will know :o)

Wishing upon a star is nothing new, but somehow it works. If you have anything that you would like to see happen for you, don't be afraid to go out at night and wish upon the stars in the sky. Who knows? Someone or something may answer back!!

“When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you.”

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog